MBI, AMRIS Facility, LG-123C
Information provided for publications; this system is no longer available for use.
- Oxford 4.7 T 33 cm actively-shielded horizontal magnet
- Agilent VNMRS console/VnmrJ3.1 with 4 1H /1 BB transmitter and 4 channel receivers
- IECO GPA-400-750, 400A/750V peak 3-Axis MRI Gradient Amplifier
- Oxford 330/225 – bore size 225mm, Gmax = 65 mT/m with 700 µs risetime
- RRI BFG-200/115-S14 – bore size 115mm, Gmax = 670mT/m (@300A) with 120us risetime
- 1H – 200MHz, solenoid linear 1.2cm
- 1H – 200MHz, quadrature birdcage 3.3/6.2cm (Coil 301)
- 1H – 200MHz, quadrature birdcage 5.0/8.8cm (Coil 302)
- 1H – 200MHz, quadrature birdcage 9.5/14cm
- 1H – 200MHz, quadrature birdcage TX-only, 8.8/11.6cm (Coil307)/ 3.0×3.5cm quadrature RX-only coil,
- 1H – 200MHz, Varian quadrature birdcage 3.8/10.8cm
- 1H – 200MHz, Varian quadrature birdcage 6.3/10.8cm
- 1H – 200MHz, quadrature surface coil 2.0×3.0cm
- 1H – 200MHz, quadrature surface coil 1.5×2.9cm
- 1H – 200MHz, Four element surface array – each element 3.0cm x 3.0cm
- 31P – 81MHz, 1.5cm diameter
- 13C – 50MHz, 1.5cm diameter
We have recently implemented dissolution DNP technology in the AMRIS facility. Our system utilizes a 5 T magnet in which samples are cooled to <1.1 K. With microwave irradiation, we achieve 70% polarization of 13C nuclei in the polarizer; this translates to a >14,000 gain in SNR on dissolution and injection into our 4.7T MRI/S scanner. The custom design of the polarizer enables the use of dissolution DNP to study metabolic flux in vivo using a variety of NMR –active nuclei as well as the study of fundamental mechanisms of polarization enhancement. This polarizer is available to external users through the MagLab.
ALL PUBLICATIONS that include data obtained through MagLab (AMRIS) instrumentation, or involvement of MagLab-funded personnel at the AMRIS Facility, should acknowledge the corresponding NSF, NIH, and State of Florida grants that apply to instrumentation and usage time, in addition to the user’s project-specific funding sources.