A billing code must be established prior to scheduling time on AMRIS Facility instruments
General billing policies and procedures
- To assure accurate accounting, the following procedures should be followed:
- Use the online reservation request form to request magnet time;
- When using the instrument, user must update instrument logbook with billing code, start and ending times. If needed, comments should be added to the logbook indicating any operating issues encountered that may affect billing. Any such issues must also be discussed with a member of the Facility staff to affect billing.
- Users will be billed for the time scheduled or time actually used, whichever is larger. Usage fees will be billed according to the online calendar with cross referencing to the logbook entry.
- Users will be billed for unused time unless:
- Requested time is cancelled at least 48 hours in advance or
- The user finds another authorized user who will use the time.
- 3 T Cancellation policy: Cancellations for prime-time hours between 8 am to 2 pm must be made 1 week prior to the scheduled exam.All other times must be cancelled 48 hours prior to the scheduled exam. Any cancellations within the one week (for 8 am to 2 pm reservations) or 48 hours (for other times) before the scheduled exam time will be charged at the hourly rate for the reserved time unless another billable study can make use of the time.
- If cancellations occur frequently, the Facility administration will discuss the situation with the user to review access to the Facility.
- Studies underwritten by for-profit companies for their benefit are charged at commercial rates, rather than the posted academic rates. At present, our policy is to charge three times the academic rate to cover the infrastructure and overhead costs, which are not included in our academic rate.