Please note that any user working with human/animal subjects must have an approved IRB/IACUC protocol letter.
If you are NOT currently faculty, staff or a student of the University of Florida, you must be approved as a UF-affiliate/volunteer before onsite access will be considered. This requires a clearly defined purpose of a your involvement, supervision, and record of activities.
Other topics beyond this access procedure may be found on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, or are likely addressed throughout this website. Any additional questions concerning facility access may be directed to the Research Coordinator.
To obtain user access to the AMRIS facility, you must complete the numbered steps below in order:
- Read the AMRIS safety handout
- Attend an AMRIS Facility general safety training: Request safety orientation
- Register your MagLab User profile
- If you are the PI, you must establish a project billing code:
- If you already have funding, complete a billing code form and email it to the Office Manager
- If you are seeking MagLab funding (pilot study), submit an NHMFL proposal to the MagLab
- Please have all students and other project collaborators register a MagLab profile, so they can be added to your project code (even if they will not be present at the AMRIS Facility)
- If you will be using 3T human or 7T / 11T preclinical imagers:
- 3T: Protocol must be approved by Jens Rosenberg
- 7T or 11T: Schedule additional safety training with Huadong Zeng
- Contact AMRIS Facility staff (see table below) about system-specific project requirements
After ALL steps above are complete:
- Apply for a key fob, and after hours access if needed, after completion of your general safety training and MagLab User profile. You will be contacted by the Research Coordinator to pick up your key fob from LG-115 when it is ready.
- Submit a magnet time request for system time to complete your research
- Acknowledge the AMRIS Facility funding in all publications and presentations that report your NMR/MRI usage at the AMRIS Facility (some systems also have additional grant-specific citation requirements)
|Application||Magnet System||Contact Person|
|Human imaging||3T/60cm Siemens Prisma|
3T/70cm Philips MR7700
|Preclinical imaging||7T/20cm Bruker BioSpec 70/20|
11T/40cm Bruker Avance III HD
|Solid-state NMR||500MHz/54mm Bruker Avance III|
800MHz/63mm Bruker Avance III
Cryo800MHz/54mm Bruker Avance III
|Microimaging||600MHz/51mm Bruker Avance III|
WideBore 600MHz/89mm Bruker Avance III
750MHz/89mm Bruker Avance III HD
|Solution-state NMR||600MHz/54mm Cryo (Chemistry) Bruker Avance III|
Cryo600MHz/51mm (AMRIS) Bruker Avance Neo