For access to the AMRIS facility, follow the steps below in order.
Please note that any user working with human/animal subjects must have an approved IRB/IACUC protocol letter. Review our other resources available on this website for more information.
If you are NOT already a current faculty, staff or student of the University of Florida, you must be approved for volunteer status before onsite access will be considered. This requires a clear definition of the purpose of the volunteer’s involvement, supervision, and a record of activities. (Note: Volunteer activities are temporarily restricted on campus due to COVID-19 protocols; follow the steps below and consult AMRIS Staff to discuss remote usage options.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) may already be addressed elsewhere on this website. Any additional questions concerning facility access should be directed to AMRIS Facility user program coordinator Amy Howe.
- Register as a MagLab user
- Read the AMRIS safety handout
- Attend an AMRIS Facility general safety training
- Apply for a key fob and after hours access (if required) using the MBI restricted access form after completion of general safety training
- You will be contacted by the office manager to pick up your key fob from LG-124 when it is ready
- Request a billing code
- If using 3T human or 11T preclinical imagers:
- Contact AMRIS Facility staff (below) about project needs.
- Make a magnet time request
|Application||Magnet System||Contact Person|
|Human imaging||3T/60cm Siemens Prisma|
3T/70cm Philips Elition
|Preclinical imaging||4.7T/33cm Agilent VNMRS|
11T/40cm Bruker Avance III HD
|Solid-state NMR||500MHz/54mm Bruker Avance III|
800MHz/63mm Bruker Avance III
Cryo800MHz/54mm Bruker Avance III
|Microimaging||600MHz/51mm Bruker Avance III|
WideBore 600MHz/89mm Bruker Avance III
750MHz/89mm Bruker Avance III HD
|Solution-state NMR||600MHz/54mm Agilent VNMRS|
Cryo600MHz/54mm Bruker Avance Neo