To obtain user access to the AMRIS facility, you must complete the numbered steps below in order.
Please note that any user working with human/animal subjects must also have an approved IRB/IACUC protocol letter. Review our user resources on this website for more information.
If you are NOT current faculty, staff or a student of the University of Florida, you must be approved as a UF-affiliate with volunteer status before onsite access will be considered. This requires a clearly defined purpose of a volunteer’s involvement, supervision, and record of activities.
- Read the AMRIS safety handout
- Attend an AMRIS Facility general safety training:
- Register your MagLab user profile
- Apply for a key fob (and after hours access, if required) using the MBI restricted access form after completion of your general safety training. You will be contacted by the office manager to pick up your key fob from LG-124 when it is ready.
- Request a billing code:
- If using 3T human or 11T preclinical imagers:
- Contact AMRIS Facility staff (see table below) about other project requirements
After ALL steps above are complete:
- Submit a magnet time request for system time to complete your research
- Acknowledge the AMRIS Facility in all publications and presentations that report NMR/MRI usage at the AMRIS Facility (some systems have additional grant-specific citation requirements)
|Application||Magnet System||Contact Person|
|Human imaging||3T/60cm Siemens Prisma|
3T/70cm Philips Elition
|Preclinical imaging||Coming soon: 7T/20cm Bruker BioSpec 70/20|
11T/40cm Bruker Avance III HD
|Solid-state NMR||500MHz/54mm Bruker Avance III|
800MHz/63mm Bruker Avance III
Cryo800MHz/54mm Bruker Avance III
|Microimaging||600MHz/51mm Bruker Avance III|
WideBore 600MHz/89mm Bruker Avance III
750MHz/89mm Bruker Avance III HD
|Solution-state NMR||600MHz/54mm Cryo (Chemistry) Bruker Avance III|
Cryo600MHz/54mm Bruker Avance Neo