Connecting to the wireless networks
To connect to the UF wireless and access the Internet and UF resources (e.g. HiPerGator) please follow these instructions. Follow the steps below to get the connection setup; these steps will only need to be done the first time you set up the connection.
- Connect to the WIFI network named “ufinfo”
- Direct your Internet browser to http://getonline.ufl.edu
- Select the correct operating system for your device
- Click “Join Wireless”
Using this method, the CloudPath installer will automatically set up the Policy Key. Once that is installed, connection to the “eduroam” wireless network will be possible. If you have any issues with the CloudPath auto installer, please see http://getonline.ufl.edu/and http://getonline.ufl.edu/faq.php for more information.
Guests may access the internet through the “ufguest” wireless network.
Connecting to the UF Health VPN
WHAT & WHEN:
On Monday, November 1st, the Health Science Center’s VPN, vpn.health.ufl.edu, will be shut down and replaced with the GatorLink VPN, vpn.ufl.edu.
- Please note: the required USERID format to login to vpn.ufl.edu is email@example.com/health
- You may need to update your Cisco AnyConnect software to access vpn.ufl.edu. Instructions on how to update your AnyConnect software is located on the vpn.ufl.edu login page
- You can make the switch today to vpn.ufl.edu. You do not need to wait until November 1st
vpn.health.ufl.edu is “end of service life” and no longer supported by the vendor.
UF Health IT notified users last year about the planned change, and there are about 500 UF faculty and staff who still need to switch to vpn.ufl.edu.
If you have questions, pleaselog into the IT Help portaland complete a “New Service Request” (link on the right). For urgent support, please call the UF Health IT Technical Support Center at 352-265-0526 (Gainesville).
If access is needed to UF Health resources from the wireless connection, the UF Health VPN will be needed. Follow the steps below to get the VPN setup on your machine.
- Direct your browser to: https://ufhealth.org/vpn
- From the right side of the page, download the PulseSecure client for various OS options.
- Install this client for your operating system
Some OS systems require a reboot after installation of the Pulse client. Once the VPN client is started please note that you will need to select a realm that matches your
account. If you are using a GatorLink account, please select \UFAD” and if you are using a Shands account, please select \Shands”. If you have any issues setting up the client or connecting, please see https://ufhealth.org/uf-health-vpn-installation-help for more information.